Bienvenido a Phamily
Land Acknowledgment: The Pharm studio resides on the unceded lands of the Chumash people
We honor and acknowledge their people, both past, present, and future, as the rightful stewards of this land.
La propietaria y fundadora, Buffy Castillo, creó The Pharm
de un deseo centrado en el corazón de crear una comunidad que dé la bienvenida y abrace a las personas exactamente como son; al mismo tiempo que los apoya y nutre a lo largo de su viaje por el bienestar. Ya sea que exploren la conciencia tranquila en la práctica de Yoga, o la conexión energética del cuerpo en la clase de Barre, o la curiosidad lúdica en la danza, o la atención concentrada en la meditación; The Pharm es un espacio para sentirse nutrido y apoyado.
Como mujer indígena, Buffy sabía muy bien lo que se sentía al no ser bienvenida en los espacios de bienestar; y estaba decidido a construir una comunidad que se sintiera diferente. Un espacio que abrazó la colaboración sobre la competencia; educación sobre la exclusividad; y equidad sobre las comodidades.
ALL WELCOME - ALL LEVELS - ALL CLASSES
No matter where you are in your wellness journey, you are welcome here.
Your body, your abilities, and your identity are valid.
To stay connected to all our ongoing work and offerings:
The Pharm is completely stocked with all the props and equipment you might need for class; all offered FREE of charge. You deserve to practice regardless of barriers to accessing or transporting personal props/equipment and here at The Pharm, we will never penalize you for those barriers.
At The Pharm we value props as a part of the wellness toolkit that supports us along our journey; whether to deepen into a posture, find support, or explore new physical experiences.
Come as you are...here at The Pharm, you have full autonomy over your practice.
While all of our teachers have varying levels of additional training in accessibility and adapting the various practices we offer; you are ALWAYS in control of your journey and opting for breaks, using physical supports, making adjustments to your practice, and resting when you need to are not only welcomed but FULLY supported and encouraged!
As a community; we agree to the following Community Agreements when sharing space together in The Pharm:
1. The Pharm is a brave space; not a safe space. In a space where folks are in all different spaces of growth, healing, and liberation, it is important that we are willing to show up bravely and compassionately for one another and honor our unique experiences and needs.
2. At The Pharm, we do not discriminate, harass, or exclude ANYONE on the basis of age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, religion, body type, personal appearance, physical or mental ability, socioeconomic status, marital status, political activities, or affiliation or any other basis
3. When we come up against difficult or challenging experiences within this space, we agree to speak our truth by grounding our conversations in our personal experience using “I” statements.
4. We agree to Listen to one another with curiosity and an intent to understand; not just an intent to respond.
5. We agree to be willing and open to trying to do things differently and to sit with and experience discomfort when navigating challenging conversations and experiences.
6. We agree to keep in confidence the discussions and conversations shared within this space as a means to protect the individuals who come here for healing and growth. We may take the lessons and grander themes out into the world; but we leave the names and shared stories here within our community; with the exception being in instances where harm has been caused.
7. We accept and embrace non-closure and understand that deeply communal spaces are in consistent states of growth, development, and learning. There are no quick answers to the work we do here and it is ok to have ongoing conversation, questions, or progress.
8. In this space, we agree to step into and acknowledge our placement in society and our identities of privilege and our identities of marginalization. We agree to bring consistent awareness to the intersectionality of our identities and to uplift and create space for folks of more marginalized identities.
9. We agree to treat the physical space itself with the utmost care and compassion; by cleaning up after ourselves, being mindful with props and class materials, and by leaving the space just a little bit better than we found it.
10. We agree to abide and respect personal boundaries set by staff or students within the space; and to ask for clarification when we are unsure if our behavior or dialogue may be causing harm.